Happy Chinese New Year!
So it is the new year in the lunar calendar. It is officially the year of the Rooster! And if you know the Chinese zodiac well, you'd be able to figure out how old I'll be this year! (Or you just know me too well.)
As a little bit of celebration on our part, my housemate and I decided to order Chinese take-out. No, we didn't order chicken balls and fried rice....that's not even the "real" Chinese food! (Why isn't it real? Because my grandmother has never even heard of chicken balls before, let alone eat any for a typical Chinese dinner at home.) We...well... she -as in my housemate- ordered the dishes. Sweet and sour pineapple pork, corn and egg fried fish, and garlic 'guy-lan' (a type of chinese green vegetable). We made our own rice to go with the dishes and ate it take-out at home. No time for a sit-down meal, how sad! Or we just wanted the 10% walk-in discount (because we're cheap) and didn't want to pay tips. :) I'd have to say the food was pretty impressive!
